This is the user agreement between Ian Dickson Travel Ltd Registered in Scotland SC042720 (represented on this website as “iandicksontravel.com”, “we”) and you the user (“User”, “you”) and will govern your use of our website. Registered office: 50 Dundas Street, Edinburgh, EH3 6JN.
If you wish to contact us on any issue detailed in these terms you may do so by contacting our Customer Support (“Customer Support”) by any of the following methods:
1. Calling us on 0131 55 66 777
2. Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Writing to us at: Customer Support, Ian Dickson Travel, 50 Dundas Street, Edinburgh, EH3 6JN
These terms relate generally to your use of our website and all products purchased through Ian Dickson Travel.
Although this may take a little time, please read these terms and conditions. We believe it is important that you understand our contractual relationship concerning your use of this website. In purchasing any product from this website, you confirm that you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by the terms stated below.
b. Who is your contract with?
1. Agents for suppliers
We act as an agent for suppliers, such as airlines and UK rail. This means that the contract for the product is between you and the relevant supplier. This inevitably means that there are additional terms and conditions governing the contract, as each supplier will have terms and conditions relating to that product. If you are unclear as to the terms applicable to any supplier, please contact our Customer Support who will be able to provide those terms and conditions for you. When we act as agent, we have no contractual liability to you in respect of that product. However, we may still be liable to you if we have been negligent, we have misrepresented important information or have been in breach of any other relevant law.
2. Third party links
We continually try to offer you a wide booking choice. We may at time give you online links to booking sites for travel products. These links give you the opportunity to book directly with the supplier to ensure the best price is offered. The supplier carries out the fulfilment for these products, and all after sales enquiries. If you are unhappy about the service you receive from any of these suppliers we would like to be made aware, however it is the duty of each supplier to adhere to the contract they make with you under their terms & conditions, so please read these before making any booking.
c. Changes and refunds
1. Airline tickets, as well as many other travel services, come with certain conditions attached that are specific to that ticket, fare or reservation. As each supplier has rules that are unique to each product they sell, and different suppliers have differing rules for similar products it is very difficult to list specific rules here, suffice to say that most economy & discounted products are often non-refundable & non-changeable, or at best carry large fees for refunds or changes. Business class products are often changeable/refundable although increasingly with fees and refund penalties attached. If you need further information, please contact our Customer Support who will be able to assist you with this.
2. Where the supplier of the Travel Product allows you to cancel or modify a Travel Product or service you must contact Ian Dickson Travel in writing with this request. Unless we receive such a written request, Ian Dickson Travel will be unable to effect that request. Please note that because the contract for the Travel Product is between you and the supplier, Ian Dickson Travel has no discretion in deciding whether the Travel Product can be cancelled or modified or partially refunded.
3. For sales where we act an agent, we charge an administration for changes or refunds unless otherwise agreed, in addition to penalties imposed by the supplier. Please note refunds from airlines can take anything from 6 weeks to 3 months to be processed.
4. If you lose your travel documents, including tickets, it may be possible to re-issue them for a fee. In this event, please contact our Customer Support if in the UK, or the supplier if you are abroad.
5. For bookings made through 3rd party links, your contract is with that supplier and you should address any after sales questions or queries about your booking to them.
We are collecting your personal information for the purposes of booking the travel services that you request. This information, including any information about any health or medical issues that you tell us about and your passport details, will be sent to suppliers who will be providing your travel services. These suppliers may be based outside the EU where the protection of personal data may not be as strong as it is in the EU.
If you are making this booking on behalf of other people, please confirm that you have their consent to pass their personal details to us and for us to pass them on to suppliers who will be providing their travel services.
We may also use your details to notify you of travel offers that we think might be of interest to you. Please say if you do not wish to receive such offers.
By giving your consent you agree to us passing on your personal details for the purposes of your booking.
1. To purchase with Ian Dickson Travel via email or phone you must be 18 years of age, and resident in the UK.
2. By booking with Ian Dickson Travel, you undertake to us that the details you give to us are correct. Importantly, if paying by credit/debit card that you undertake that the one you are using is your own and that no attempt has been or will be made to secure any product fraudulently.
3. Ian Dickson Travel reserves the right to charge you in addition for any handling fees incurred by us in relation to bookings made by a corporate credit/charge card. You will be notified on confirmation documents if any charges exist.
4. If your travel documents are being paid for by a 3rd party credit/debit card, we will require written authorisation from the cardholder. If a sale is made using a 3rd party card with the knowledge of the cardholder, the sale will be binding to the cardholder, even if written confirmation is not sent.
f. Travel documents
1. Flight tickets will normally be issued as E-tickets, this means that your ticket will be produced electronically, and you will collect your ticket and/or boarding pass at your point of departure.
2. We strongly recommend that all documents be sent to you by Registered Post or by Courier Service, an additional fee will apply depending on your travel date. If documents are sent by First Class post, Ian Dickson Travel cannot accept responsibility if the Royal Mail delay or lose your documents. Applicable reissue charges will apply.
3. In accordance to the “mail order regulations” governing credit card payments, documents will be emailed or posted to the cardholder’s email/billing address, and not the address of the passenger, unless they are one and the same.
g. Financial protection
Many of the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate, then the booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our booking conditions for information, or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate
Additional Financial Protection Information
When you buy an ATOL protected flight, flight plus (a flight and one additional item – i.e. a train ticket, car hire or hotel booking) or flight inclusive holiday from us (a flight and two other ground arrangements) you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong along with the relevant ATOL number. The ATOL number for Ian Dickson Travel is 4242.
We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
Book with Confidence. We are a Member of ABTA which means you have the benefit of ABTA’s assistance and Code of Conduct. We provide financial protection for your money when you buy a package holiday. If you buy other travel arrangements such as accommodation only this protection doesn’t apply.
h. Errors & omissions
1. If we discover an error in the price of a product you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat the order as cancelled. In the event of cancelling due to a pricing error or omission a full refund will be given. We will do our best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practically possible after being notified of them.
2. Some airlines do not have real-time seat availability in the airline reservation system we use. In the unlikely event that an airline cancels a sale, Ian Dickson Travel will attempt to reinstate the booking. We will advise you within 48 hours of such a problem. A full refund will be offered if the flight cannot be reinstated.
i. Other important points
1. Our website is compatible with browsers such as Opera, Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, however some of the third-party links may be more restricted and require another browser. If you discover that you cannot access a part of the site, please call our Customer Support team on 0131 55 66 777 and they will assist you. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.
2. Any visa, passport (many countries require 6 months remaining at point of entry to the country) and inoculation requirements are your responsibility and failure to obtain the relevant documentation is not the responsibility of Ian Dickson Travel.
3. Unless airlines inform you differently, most airlines do not require flights to be reconfirmed, however we would advise you check on the airport and/or airline’s website whether your flight schedule has changed.
4. Airlines may reschedule your flight en route. In this case please check with the airline at the relevant airport to find out which flight they have rebooked you on. If you need any extra assistance, please contact us on 0131-556-6777 where we will do our best to assist you.
5. Please ensure you comply with suppliers’ terms about check-in times, photographic identification (valid passport is sufficient) and any other matters.
6. Flight coupons are required to be used in order of sequence. If this is contravened an airline may void your ticket. In this case Ian Dickson Travel has no further obligation beyond the terms and conditions detailed here.
7. Please note that some countries may also charge local or other taxes, which may not be included in the price you see and are collected locally upon departure. The prices which we quote you will include all taxes that are pre-payable.
9. This web site is for your personal & non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, transmit, distribute, sell, display, license, or reproduce the site and any content
10. Ian Dickson Travel is governed by the CAA’s ATOL regulations under our licence number 4242.
11. We do not guarantee that this website will be compatible with your PC, and we accept no liability for any corruption or loss of data held on your PC, or any liability for any other loss or damage of any kind caused to your PC resulting from the use of this website.
12. Telephone calls made to our call centre may be recorded for training purposes.
13. Ian Dickson Travel reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, alter, change, discontinue or otherwise update any feature or aspect of this site and these Terms & Conditions at any time. The headings used in these Terms & Conditions are used for convenience only and do not limit or otherwise affect these Terms & Conditions.